Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Charted Lace Shawl -- First Timer Jinx

Because I was stuck mostly in my bedroom after ankle reconstruction surgery, I thought it would be the perfect time to tackle my first charted lace shawl.  This blurry picture is probably my 6th restart.  As I continued to reread the chart, I kept realizing that I needed to make corrections.  For instance, I didn't realize that the even rows needed to be interpreted opposite of what is written.  And I missed that the odd rows had switched to knit.  How many stitches was I supposed to have?

I've made it to the second chart and now am stymied about how to/where/etc. work the repeats.  Almost made it to that point but had to frog it again.  I will keep at it and keep everyone informed.


Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you visited - I love company.