Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Watermelon Moebius Cowl

 

My favorite model - Abby, my youngest
I'm knitting again!  Not that I really stopped, but 2 surgeries in 2 months did weigh me down a bit.  I thought I would just sit in bed while my ankle healed (no weight bearing for 6 weeks) and knit, read and eat bonbons.  Not so.  Turns out I can't stand just sitting and would spend time taking excursions to the first floor to scavenge for food or hobble to the car to pick up kids, then return exhausted because it's hard to get around on crutches.  Oh well, that's past now and I am happy to announce that I can walk now without overturning my ankle and breaking it.  So on to the good stuff!








One book I did take the time to read was Cat Bordhi's A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting,  which contains brilliant creations all using the Moebius concept.  I am fascinated with the never ending Moebius single-side (one surface).  Even more fascinating is the cast on and knitting of a Moebius in which you knit the right and wrong sides continuously without turning your knitting.  Both sides (or the continuous one side, depending on your point of view) magically flow from you needles.  I love it!  My teenage daughter, on the other hand, won't look at it because the concept freaks her out and questions her concept of basic 3-dimensional logic.  But whatever logic you follow, go with the flow and have fun.


Abby and her chicken Chelsea hope you have fun!
Oh and I found a great youTube video that explains and shows you how to cast on and knit.  One requirement is using a long circular needle that is at least 47" and 60" long.  http://youtu.be/LVnTda7F2V4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you visited - I love company.