Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Write a Novel in a Month

Around 10:30 pm on Sunday my daughter Molly ran into my mom cave all excited about "nanowrimo" and writing a novel in a month.  I actually thought she was talking about a rhino and writing but finally got Molly to slow down and give me the low down.  The deal is that November is evidently National Novel Writing Month aka "NaNoWriMo" .  Consequently, NaNoWriMo is an annual (November) novel writing project that brings together professional and amateur writers from all over the world.  If you are an adult or, if you are older than 13 and opt to be treated like an adult, you make a commitment to write a 50,000 word novel by the end of the month.  That's 1666 words per day.

I started yesterday but after being called away for mother duty yesterday and then all day today, I have written only 427 words thus far.  Because I didn't make my required daily word count yesterday I received an email chastising me.  And I didn't write anything today, so I am further behind.  I WILL WRITE TOMORROW AS SOON AS I GET ABBY OFF TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Molly is way ahead of me at 2300 and her bff Shannon (who calls me Mama-Gail) has written 3400.  But I will persevere and finish.  I did think about what I will write so I think that counts.



NaNoWriMo reports:  191,707,630...total collective word count for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you visited - I love company.